• Bruce Tollan
    I'm starting to prepare our management plan for when we have all had the opportunity to be vaccinated.
    Hypothetical condition 1: Workplace is free of covid. Border restrictions ease and community cases rise. Government response is to let the virus take its course as we are protected by vaccination (the UK plan). A worker (vaccinated or not) introduces Covid into the workplace. Business continuity is disrupted by high numbers absent for a long period (2 weeks or more).

Question 1: How can we structure daily entry to site to reduce the risk of workers becoming superspreaders.
    Qustion 2: Has anyone got a different Hypothetical.
  • Teena Cleary
    I would consider the current COVID-19 protocols - restrict access and people numbers, handwashing/sanitising, regular cleaning of common areas and surfaces, PPE, social distancing, stay home if unwell, work from home if possible.
  • Trudy Downes
    This is a thought provoking question!

I haven't though about the management plan at this stage however in answer to your questions:

Q1: use the appropriate L2, L3 or L4 responses for hygiene, distancing etc. The basics are unlikely to change.

Q2: my hypothetical is the Government response would never to be like the UK Plan. One of the goals of all the steps that have been taken so far is to protect the NZ health system which would be over run if Covid went rampant. Any future variants could overrun the health system and I don't envisage the government would abandon a successful strategy. Using this hypothetical we are looking at maybe 1-2 years before boarder restrictions ease right back, and even then we will still probably be inflicted with some sort of health passport.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.