• EeMun Chen
    MartinJenkins has been engaged by WorkSafe to undertake research into the Labour Hire/Temporary Agency Work industry in New Zealand, to develop an understanding of:

· The size and make-up of the industry in New Zealand, including demographic characteristics of the agencies, host firms, people employed, and the likely future state of the industry

· The health and safety risks associated with the labour hire arrangement, and how effectively they are being managed by both labour hire agencies and host firms.

We are undertaking focus groups with agencies, firms, workers and workers who work alongside labour hire/agency workers.

We have a focus group next week for client organisations. The focus groups would cover the following topics:

· How does your company approach health and safety in relation to agency workers?

· How does the agency you use approach health and safety?

· How do you negotiate roles and responsibilities between yourselves and the agency?

· What’s the biggest health and safety challenge you face in relation to using agency workers?

· How could these challenges be mitigated? Resolved?

The focus group is being held:

Thursday 30 May, 10am – 12pm
    MartinJenkins, Level 1, City Chambers, Cnr Johnston and Featherston Streets, Wellington 6011.
    w14qedsjnjas8aq1.jpeg

Please let me know if you are interested, and if you are available.
  • Andrew
    Suggest you also contact the Recruitment and Consulting Services Association (RCSA) - the body that looks after professional agencies in that industry.

I can't make it to the Focus Group but feel free to PM me a set of questions and I'll respond
  • EeMun Chen
    Thanks Andrew
    We are already working with RCSA and they are helping us with focus group participants, but thought I would cast the net out, especially since this particular focus group is with agency clients. We've already run a focus group with agencies themselves
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.