• Kate Thompson
    I saw in Transport Talk that TR Group has co-produced a free online course for truck drivers and forklift drivers, etc (see here: https://transporttalk.co.nz/news/free-course-helping-truckies-stay-healthy). It's a dietitian presenting it from the angle of a driver, plus some interviews from truck drivers about their experiences - all done with video, and quite accessible.
    What other things do you do for your team as regards helping with diet, hydration, etc? We have a urine colour chart and we run a biggest loser competition, but we probably have too many cakes and pies for celebrations
  • Jason Fawcett
    Hi Kate - I saw that free online course too and I'm halfway through the modules. Just thinking about the best way to maximise driver uptake at my workplace at the moment. We do the same initiatives you mentioned but also promote / offer free annual Musculoskeletal, BMI, Cholesterol and Glucose assessments to our drivers through our Occ Health provider.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.