• Amber van Polanen
    Hi All,
    We are running a Health and Safety training session for our staff on a Saturday in September. This is going to include a mixture of practical training, activities and speakers. Currently we have the CVST coming as well as a truck recovery company. Does anyone know any speakers in the Christchurch area that would be interested in something like this? Subject matter such as fatigue, wellness, load security and so forth would all be helpful. Industry is Transport and Logistics. Staff attending will be a mixture of truck drivers, warehouse staff, admin staff and the board of directors.
  • Trudy Downes
    See if any of your staff will stand up and tell their story. In house stories are some of the best training tools.
  • Tanya Gorrie
    Hi Amber,
    I have asked Diabetes NZ and Arthritis foundation to come on site before and talk to our staff. It was very well received. Arthritis was all about Gout, they even tested our staff. Diabetes again was very relevant and they tested our staff.
  • Jim Petersen
    I speak and run interactive sessions on the science of safer driving.
    The research evidence surprises many and informs better training programmes.
  • Amber van Polanen
    Hi Jim,
    That sounds really beneficial- would this be relevant to heavy vehicles?
    I have managed to fill the speaker place for the day in September however I would definitely be interested in hearing more about what you offer for future initiatives.
    I hope it is the first of many.
    I will send through my email to you if you wouldn't mind sending through some more info that would be great.
  • Karl Bridges
    If you are looking for an expert in Physical Ergonomics you might want to reach out to Sue Alexander - at Alexander Ergonomics - https://www.alexergonomics.co.nz/
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Safeguard forum!

If you are interested in workplace health & safety in New Zealand, then this is the discussion forum for you.